So today I received an email and things like this always make my day, I have been nominated again for a Rising Star Award in Law for 2018. I have just filled in the “Additional Information” that they require.
I never set up my blog to be nominated for awards or win them, but it does mean the world that people put me forward for them. I never expected anyone to read my blog, let alone nominate me for awards such as this. It is nice to know that the content I put out and share helps/supports/or is just of interest to my readers.
You will remember that last year I was nominated for a Rising Star Award and then made it into the Top 10 Shortlist for Rising Legal Stars 2018 which was just amazing – and I was so proud to get that far. You can read more about that here.
I am not sure whether I will get shortlisted again, but if not, thank you all, for your ongoing support and encouragement for my blog.
By way of an update and when I will find out if I have been shortlisted, this is the time frame for the Rising Star Awards 2018:
Key dates for the awards
- Nominations open: 01 February 2018
- Nominations close: 25 March 2018
- Additional Information deadline: 29 March 2018
- Shortlist judging period: 09 – 27 April 2018
- Shortlist announced and public vote*: 14 May 2018
- Finalist judging period: 14 May – 10 June 2018
- Shortlist celebration event: 06 June 2018
- Public voting closes: 10 June 2018
- Winners announced: 18 June 2018
- Winners event: w/c 16 July 2018
If you know anyone in the legal profession that you think deserves to be nominated for a Rising Star Award then please do nominate them here.
I can’t wait to check out the other nominees and also see who gets shortlisted. It is always great to celebrate the achievements of others and see what wonderful things they are doing in the legal profession.