I love Instagram and I also love Instagram Stories. There are also so many lawyers, law students and law schools on Instagram – which I love!
Instagram Stories is great, it’s like snapchat but better (well I think so!).
Should law schools be using Instagram and Instagram Stories? Absolutely. It is a great way to engage with your students, prospective students, lawyers, legal companies and the local area. You also get to engage with students/lawyers/academics.
It is great for building a community and getting involved in legal news etc.
What are Instagram Stories?
They are photos, images, words, texts, polls, videos that only stick around for 24 hours and feature on your ‘story’! Originally, after 24 hours these ‘stories’ would disappear. However, Instagram have now introduced a feature called Highlights.
In ‘Highlights’ you can save your stories so they appear under categories that you have chosen and will sit under your bio on Instagram (above your usual posts) for people to view whenever they like. They are accessible 24/7 and you can add new stories to them, or remove them.
Without further ado, here are 9 things you can share on your Instagram stories:
- A tour of your law school
- Snippets of a law event you are running
- A law school debate
- A student take-over day
- Student/academic staff opinions on a legal topic
- Things to do in the local area
- Law school news
- Polls/quizzes on legal topics or your law school
- Historical facts about your law school
Here are 2 law school Instagram Stories that I love:
- Boston Uni Law – they do ‘a day in the life of’ with their students which is amazing to watch – plus maybe I am little bit biased but I love their content and I had the best time when I spent a day at their law school!
- Leiden Law School – use stories and subsequently highlights so so well!
- Boston Uni – do a weekly quiz using the poll functions and this is a great way to engage with students. They also do a weekly round-up of events (I know they are technically not a law school..but who is counting!)
Want a free copy of these top tips to save and use when it is convenient for you?
Just download this PDF!
Would you like more help with Instagram?
I have a guide coming for law schools on all things Instagram and Instagram Stories. So watch this space!
I also run workshops and training sessions for law schools on Instagram and these can be done in person or via a video link! If you think this might be useful, then drop me an email using the contact info page and we can arrange this!
Why not follow me on Instagram? Even if you aren’t on Instagram you can still check out people’s posts and stories via the internet if their account is public.